Monday, July 16, 2018

Travel Day, July 16

    Where did the time go?  We have to leave Osaka already.  We were visited this morning by Masa & Chie, and Shizuko.  We said our thank yous and goodbyes, presented gifts and then it was off to the bus for about a six hour ride to Iwakuni.  One person who is helping set up our time in Iwakuni is Missie, who was led to the Lord by Paul's parents during their time in Iwakuni years ago.  2 years ago, we stopped at a random truck stop, by chance stopped at the Starbucks, and ran into Missie's daughter.  Today, we stopped at the same Starbucks, but didn't even know if she still worked there.  She does, and even though she works only 3 days a week, she was there and even on her break when we got there.  Not a real big deal, but a blessing that God gave to let us know he is here, especially needed as yesterday was such a rough day.  We arrived at the church and after unloading the bus, we went directly across the street to Missie's restaurant to meet with her students from her English class as she wanted us to meet them.  Then back to the church to organize our rooms, and then back to Missie's for dinner--her famous BLT with avocado sandwiches.  At least they are famous among the servicemen at at the base.  After dinner and a little fun with a local young soccer player, it was back to church, sharing for the ladies and Paul & Steve off to do laundry for the team.  We have a light schedule tomorrow, so it will be helpful for the ladies to have some downtime.  The heat was still really bad today, but since we were traveling, it didn't impact us too much.  Tomorrow hopefully will not be as hot, but our game is not until 7pm, so that should help too.  We are nearing the end, but don't stop praying now.  We want to end well.  Particularly here in Iwakuni as it is our first year doing what we are doing here, and we want to start it well.


Pictures--7/16
Pictures--All
Video Montage--7/16
My God Is So Great, Missie's restaurant (great acoustics)
Kimi-Wa, Missie's restaurant

9 comments:

  1. I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here.
    ทัวร์เวียดนาม

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is the perfect blog I am looking this type of blog its awesome blog here , share great information about this topic. This informative blog helps many readers with their decision-making regarding the situation. Great articles and will look forward for more!
    ทัวร์ยุโรป

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am delighted to come to such a wonderful blog. I am really very impressed to read from top to bottom. I read every single line and understand the essence of every single word. I appreciate all efforts.
    ทัวร์ยุโรป

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to know more about these suggestive points. Give me little more brief and I think they can help me. Here the mentioned points are very useful and I am definitely going to adopt in my life.
    ซื้อหวย

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.
    FORTIANALYZER 300D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Professionally written blogs are rare to find, however I appreciate all the points mentioned here. I also want to include some other writing skills which everyone must aware of.
    ส่ง เอกสาร ไป ต่าง ประเทศ

    ReplyDelete
  7. With three manufacturing plants, GMC became one of the US Army’s main suppliers of military trucks, producing over 600,000 units during the Second World War. This is just one example of how, within its over a hundred-year history, the GMC brand became the workhorse of the United States of America, being used by farmers and soldiers alike to carry the heaviest loads over the greatest distances. Read more at buick dealership

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cilicon Cannabis Vape Blog: News, Lifestyle, Insights. Gain insights into the world of vaping with our in-depth looks into the culture that can inform, educate, and inspire. Read more at cannabis technology

    ReplyDelete